Sunday, July 6, 2008

Camping - Day 4

4th of July
We woke up and the weather was getting better it was a little cloudy but it wasn't rainy. It was warm and you had parts of the sun shining. This day a few of us woke up early so we could have breakfast before we left for our hike to the top of Mount Constitution. The hikers included Me, my dad and brother Ben, Marci, Rick, Carlynn, Jessica, Sarah, and Melinda. After we got back we had hot dogs for lunch and then hung out around the camp and swung on the swing. Then we had cheeseburgers for dinner. After dinner we cleaned up and went to the library where we watched the fireworks. It was really nice and the funny thing was during the firework show Alena would close her eyes and when she heard the boom from the fireworks she would open her eyes and say "Hey, I'm taking a nap and they keep waking me up."


The End of the Show

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Katie, I have the same 4th of July shirt as you, but when I went to put it on Friday morning, it was way too short! So I didn't get to wear it this year. It looks like everyone had a lot of fun camping I wish I could have been there.

Maria said...

hi Katie, now I know where to go every week to get updates on the family! I enjoy your blogs. Sorry I got a new job and had to miss the camping trip. Maria and I would have loved to be there. I cant wait for you to post your new baby cousin, kensie's picture, when she comes next month. uncle merrill